• International tourist arrivals to Thailand in H2 2019 reached 20 million, increasing 6.6% Y-o-Y. Chinese tourists started showing signs of recovery with a 16% Y-o-Y increase to 5.3 million.
• The overall Phuket hotel occupancy rate increased 0.8 percentage points Y-o-Y to 68.1%.
• Average Daily Rate (ADR) increased by 0.8% Y-o-Y to THB 3,311.
• The increases in both occupancy and ADR has led RevPAR to increase by 1.8% Y-o-Y to THB 2,304 in H2 2019.
• Four new hotels and one expansion with a total of 1,275 keys were opened in H2 2019, namely InterContinental Phuket Resort, DoubleTree by Hilton Phuket Banthai Resort, Pamookkoo Resort Phuket, STAY Wellbeing & Lifestyle Resort, and Kata Palm Resort & Spa (expansion).
• There are 146 hotels with a total of 25,663 keys in Phuket, increasing of 11.1% Y-o-Y. By 2021, Phuket’s total hotel supply will have increased further by 16%, from 16 under-construction hotel projects with a total of 4,135 keys.